A retailer operates retail shop to sell their goods and products to their customer or potential client accordingly to its target market. Retail shop need to be competitive not only in the items, assortment or variety they sell but physical appearance of their shop in order to attract customer to look into their shop. Physical appearance is mean to be its interior design, arrangement of items they sell, color of their shop and the theme of their shop. This will eventually create first impression of a potential customer toward the shop and come in the shop.
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur is one of Malaysia most prosperous and high rated mall. Located at Jalan Bukit Bintang and opened on 20th of September 2007. It consists with four components which is a retail mall, an office tower, two residential and a proposed hotel. This seventh storey building has 450 retail outlet shops, urban leisure areas as well as food and beverages outlets. Pavilion Kuala Lumpur developed by Urusharta Cemerlang Sdn.Bhd. The developer is chaired by Tan Sri Dato' Zainol Mahmood whom is also the owner of Pavilion Kuala Lumpur which sits on 12.6 acres of prime real estate in Bukit Bintang, the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur.
Client - Cuppa Cup Cakes
Cuppa cup cake is my target client as they do not have any retail outlet in the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Cuppa Cup Cakes should consider locating one of their outler in the Pavilion as Pavilion is one of the most populated mall by the upper class or upper middle class shoppers. In the same time, in order to get customer have its value added in the mall is to have all type of retail outlet include Cuppa Cup Cakes outlet.
My aims and objective
Chapter 1 : Site analysis
Located at Bukit Bintang.
- 7 storey building.
- Consists four components a retail mall, an office tower, two residential and a proposed hotel.
- Big development.
- It has more than 10 years of research.
- Highly functional layout plan.
- Is upper level than KLCC and upper middle class.
- Well-located transportation and a comprehensive pedestrian network system.
- The land of Bukit Bintang side is higher than Raja Chulan.
- The skylight is the biggest in South East Asia.
- Museum concept.
- The artwork.
- Four different components
- Tourist in the morning
- Weekdays different than weekend.
- Air circulation, sun and shadow.
- People easy to understand.
- Main high street.
Structural of individual lots
- To highlight the product
- Understand the position towards peoples
- Power usage
- Combination with natural light
- Simple, clean and sleek.
- Floor tiles are Italian marble(white)
- Handrail made to be plane, simple to avoid distraction of the retail.
- Near entrance - the fountain area, good traffic flow.
Advantages and disadvantages.
- Tourist site- tourist worldwide will come to BB.
- Is expensive
- Bad traffic flow.
Chapter 2 : Client
- Established in May 2006.
- Started out as a small home business catering.
- Offer more beautifully designed and cute cupcakes.
- Love baking and decorating.
Sells cupcakes : different designs different occasion.
- Wedding cupcakes.
- Can customise own cupcakes.