The very first step in creating the best long hairstyles is to make sure you maintain healthy long hair by using appropriate hair products. Your hair carries a style statement that may tell others of your personality; thus choosing the right hairstyle is a serious matter; it can make or break you, to a certain extent. Hair comes in different shapes, textures, colors, grains and volumes; and luckily for everyone, there are as many assortments of hair products as there are different types of hair. Hair care products range from shampoos, conditioners, vitamins and treatments.
Breakage is one of the most distressing problems of long hair. This can be manifested as a network of shorter strands that are frizzy, fly-away or with plenty of split-ends. Among the many causes of this problem is poor maintenance and sporadic trimming. Added to this, lifestyle factors are also common causes of hair damage such as stress, poor eating habits and restless or lack of sleep. How you protect your hair, even while you sleep, can make a major impact on the overall health and strength of your tresses.
You should therefore make a serious commitment to maintain healthy strands. This requires focus, concentration and the willingness to take care of it. Check out the following tips about hair products that can help you nurture your hair:
- When it comes to hair care, the truth is you really get what you pay for, no matter what some experts say. So don't be afraid to put your money on the excellent hair care tools and products that is within your means. You don't really have to buy the most costly brands, but cheap drugstore brands are not exactly the best options as they probably pose more risks of damaging your hair than high quality salon brands. If you cannot afford brands like Mason Pearson or Kent, you can opt for Conair, for example.
- Buy hair products that are appropriate for your hair type, texture and condition. For instance if you have dry hair, use hair moisturizing products such as the Phyto Dry Hair System. For thin, limp hair it would be a good idea to apply volumizing hair style products to add texture and vitality to your hair. Phomollient Styling Foam by Aveda would be a good choice as it creates weightless volume and adds shine without weight or build-up.
- Hair brush with hard bulbs at the tips spells disaster for your hair as they can rip off delicate strands; likewise, refrain from buying cheap plastic combs. Conair accessories offer a variety of wide toothed comb and brush collections, which are ideal for long delicate strands.
Tips for Long Hair Styling
- Use ready-made long hair-friendly rollers or sponge roller, taking into consideration the thickness as well as the length of your hair. Revlon's easy wrap Ionic Hair Setter would be a good choice and handy for when you travel.
- Don't ever use rubber bands on your hair as they could rip and tear delicate hair. Instead, use Bungee elastic bands, which are coated and have special hooks at the ends or the other option would be Blax elastic bands.
- Choose hair-friendly hair accessories when styling your hair. Among these are hand-made comb-like clasps with finer teeth and smooth edges used to hold French style chignon (Balu Feather Hair Comb); Mei Fa Hair Sticks; Migali style mini barettes and hair clips. Bobby pins with coated or covered ends should be used to avoid scratching delicate scalps or tearing hair strands.
- Finally use styling products to enhance natural waves and curls. You'll be surprised at how easy you can do it and the fabulous result is really awesome! Apply Ken Pabes Mousse to damp hair before going to bed. Wrap hair into topknot or any other hair twist you may to use in styling. Leave the mousse overnight and undo the twist the next morning for luxurious waves and curls.