A working person in India who would like to become a manager of teams in any organization knows that it is almost mandatory to have an MBA. Many larger organizations do not recruit people without MBAs anymore. 15 or 20 years ago, it was possible to become a top manager without having an MBA, but in the 21st century, a professional without an MBA will hit the glass ceiling sooner or later.
If you have recently completed your graduation or started working, then most people would recommend that you take two years off from your work life and complete a full-time MBA program. But if you have family or work responsibilities that do not give you the flexibility to study a full-time MBA, then your next best option are Online MBA classes.
Online MBA Classes are the ideal solution for working professionals who need an MBA to grow further in their career but cannot afford to take time off from their work or family for two years. Most of the good Business Schools in India do recognize that there are many such professionals in India today. That's why in recent times there has been a huge increase in the number of Online MBA classes being offered to students. Most of the top Business schools in India offer oan Online MBA programs and over the last few years the programs have become more & more sophisticated and well-respected among corporatesions.
The advantages of doing Online MBA Classes are as follows:
- Online MBA Classes from a reputed institute can provide almost as much exposure as a Full-time MBA program
- The value of an MBA education is comparable even when it is through Online MBA Classes.
- Online MBA Classes offers a flexibility of schedule where students can study at their convenience.
- Online MBA Classes are usually more reasonable in price than full-time MBA classes.
- Online MBA Classes allow the student the flexibility to study at their own pace and depending on their interest level. They can quickly skim through portions they are not interested in and go through more detail for other courses.
- A lot of Online MBA classes offer video streaming and audio-guides to their lessons. Students may also get the opportunity to interact with other students & the faculty through chats & blogs.
There are many universities across the world that offer Online MBA Classes from which the student has the freedom to choose depending on his or her individual criteria. In India, the top University offering Online MBA classes is IGNOU or Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU has many options for Online MBA classes including a 1, 1 year and a 2 year program. The online MBA classes of IGNOU are quite comprehensive including library resources and videos of lessons. All in all, there are several advantages in doing Online MBA Classes and it is an option that any young person who wants the MBA tag at their own convenience should seriously consider.
Online MBA degrees
Several Online MBA degrees are available on the Internet nowadays and the student is spoilt for choice. How does a student go about evaluating which Online MBA degree is the best option for them?
There are many criteria which are important when choosing an Online MBA program and we shall discuss some of them below:
- The reputation of the institute: It is very important not to get an online MBA degree from any unheard of online university. If possible, look at online MBA degree's only from colleges that offer full-time MBA degrees. Then it will be easier to evaluate the college using published rankings which appear in magazines. If the college offers only online MBA degrees and not full-time degrees, then you must check whether the college is affiliated to a university and authorized to run this program.
- The syllabus: Just because it is an online MBA degree doesn't mean that you should not get a good education. You are paying the fees for an MBA and you should receive an MBA education as well as a degree. Compare the curriculum of the online MBA degree with that of the university's full-time program.
- The faculty-student interaction: Some online MBA degrees just send you the course material and tests whereas others offer a chat facility with faculty and the best ones offer video streaming lectures, chats, webinars and other modes of online interaction. Look for the maximum points of interaction between faculty & student; it will keep the course interesting for you. Also make sure that if you need help or guidance, a faculty member will be available for you to contact.
- Contact sessions: Though the degree may be an online MBA degree, you should have the option of attending live lectures and meetings with the faculty once in 3-6 months. This is also an opportunity to meet other students and get to know them.
- Alumni: Contact old students of the online MBA degree program at the college you plan to attend and see what they have to say about the college. You are ultimately taking an MBA to further your career prospects and if your online MBA degree is seen as not useful or worse, harmful, then it could be a waste of your time or money. Check the references carefully before you pay any fees or deposits.
Finally some general advice:
- An online MBA degree can be a rewarding and enriching step on the corporate ladder.
- Making the right choice of college and program for your online MBA degree can make all the difference between it being a great step or a small step on your way to success.
- Evaluate all your options wisely, talk to as many people as you can.
- Don't listen only to the college's marketing talk, what is the best option for the college may not be the best option for your online MBA degree.
- Online MBA degrees can help you get a qualification while you have a full-time job or home responsibilities during the day. But they still require study and hard work if you want to gain an education from it.
- While choosing an online MBA degree, also take a look at the specialization that is right for your career path and where you want to go in the future. The right choice of specialization can also help you change your career path.
Best of Luck to you!