Online education is sometimes referred to as E-Learning or Electronic Learning. Most frequently it seems to be used for web-based distance education with no face to face interaction. It is important to learn that the term E-Learning has different meanings. Lately in most universities, e-learning is used to define a specific mode to attend courses or programs of study where the students rarely or never meet face to face.
Advantages of online education
- All the real-time information is been updated frequently
- E-Learning lessons are generally designed to guide students through information to help students perform in specific tasks.
- Information for educational purposes could be found easily.
- Multimedia examples and methods of teaching are present when using online education.
- E-learning is convenient and flexible because learners are not bound to a specific day or time to physically attend classes. They can also pause learning sessions at their convenience.
- And also the learners can learn them from any place in the world where there is an internet connection.
- Instructors can share their knowledge with the whole world while the learners could access and learn them for a cheap cost.
Disadvantages of online education
Specially students will become lazy because they do not need to go through books to get some information, because when the E-learning is popular it is just a matter of typing the question and hundreds of answers will come.