KINGFISHER AIRLINES: ETHICAL AND UNETHICAL PRACTICES
Firstly I am discussing with you the introduction of Kingfisher Airlines Limited after that the ethical and unethical practices. Kingfisher airlines is a largest Indian airline company and has operated more than four hundred flights .It provides both domestic as well as international services. It has around 72 networks of destinations, with in or region and abroad or international services. Kingfisher Airlines has holding companies named United Breweries Group.
Kingfisher Airlines is one of the six largest airlines in all over world with given five star rating by skytrax . In the month of may 09, the Kingfisher airlines has been carried around more than a million of million peoples or passengers . It has its office in Bangalore and its head office in in Mumbai.
Kingfisher has its office in Bangalore and its head office in Mumbai. The kingfisher airline has started on 9 May 2005. Its first flight was from Mumbai to Delhi. At the time of the airline, Dr. Vijay Malaya said that he has the capability for achieving our goals.
Kingfisher is the largest Indian private airline and has their own reputation in the market. Kingfisher was the first largest Indian airline to have in-flight entertainment systems on every seat even on domestic flights. All the passengers were given a kit consisting such as a pen , facial tissue and headphones to use with the IFE system. The passengers were able to watch only recorded TV programming on the IFE system, but after the advancement of technology, an alliance was formed with Dish TV to provide live TV in-flight..
On the month of July 14th 2008, Kingfisher introduce its first ever Wide body aircraft , a Airbus A330-200 at the Farnborough Air show held in July 2008. Kingfisher's first Airbus A330-200 was widely billed as the best A330-200 ever built by Airbus.
On the month of September 3, 2008, Kingfisher started its international services by connecting Bangalore with London. On the month of 15th sept.2009 the London service was withdrawn due to some problem arises.
Kingfisher Airlines serves more then 50-60 domestic destinations and 7-9 international destinations in 7-8 countries across Europe and Asia.
It provides the various classes which i am discussing below:-
First Kingfisher :-
The domestic First Kingfisher seats have a 48inch seat and a 125 degree seat. In every seat there , a laptop and mobile phone chargers available. Passengers can get the latest international newspapers and magazines. There is also a excellent service on board Kingfisher First cabins. Every seat is equipped with a IFE system , which offers a wide range of English and Hindi TV programmes ,Hollywood and Bollywood movies, 10 channels of Kingfisher Radio, and 16 live TV channels. Passengers also get noise cancellation headphones.
Domestic First Kingfisher is only available on selected Airbus A320 family 321 aircraft.
The domestic Kingfisher Class has 32-34inch seat . Every seat is equipped with IFE systems on-board the Airbus A320 family aircraft. The passengers can access the live TV and Kingfisher Radio, latest movies, English and Hindi TV programmes and still more features etc.
On-board the ATR 72-500 there are 17 colour LCD screens mounted along with loudspeakers for audio in the cabin overhead, a head-end unit to handle CDs and DVDs, and a crew control panel. The screens measure 12.7cm by 9.3cm, weigh 0.2kg each and are spaced every two or three seat rows along both sides of the cabin.
After Kingfisher Airlines, it is Airline Deccan, its name was firstly Kingfisher airlines after it was changed to Deccan and afterwards changed to Kingfisher Red. Kingfisher Airline's and yes it is low-cost class on domestic routes. Passengers are given in-flight meals and water. Kingfisher Airlines is the first largest airline in India to extend its King Club frequent flyer program to its low-cost carrier as well. Passengers can earn King Miles even when they fly Kingfisher Red, which they can redeem for free tickets to travel on Kingfisher Airlines or partner airlines.
One of the largest private airline named Kingfisher airlines We or our or the company commitment to ethical , regulation and lawful firm business conduct is not only critical to the Firm success to ethical and lawful business conduct is important to the Company's success, and also a fundamental shared value of its employees. Our norms for business is very important as other firm has. We will upload the ethical and legal norms fastly, so that we can achieve our financial goal or objective and the Board of Director as senior management will not compromise with honesty and integrity.
According to these principles, the Board of the Director has adopted this ethical and Business conduct as a path to legal and high ethical norms expected of its Board of Director as a senior management.
Company Acknowledgement has given by the member of the Board of the Directors and its senior management:-
1. The responsibility to run out their duties in an honest and business like manner .
2. They are entrusted with and the responsible for the over sight of the assets and business affairs of the firm in an honest, diligent, fair and ethical manner, or with the duty to make and enact informed decisions and policies in the best interests of the firm.
According to the Board of the Director, the Board had adopted this code and the Director of the senior management are expected to adhere to the standards of good faith, loyalty and the avoidance of conflict of interest are given below:
In order to perform their duties, the directors of senior management will:
1. Act honestly, ethically, openly, having good faith and with honest integrity.
2. Act responsibly, having good faith and with care, diligence and competence, without adopting their independent judgement to be subordinated.
3. Act in the best interest of, and ful fill their obligation to the firm or company and its stakeholder.
4. Give their best output to advancing or to improving the firm or company interest and should act in that manner so that it will maintain and enhance the reputation of the firm or company.
5. Abide by all applicable laws and regulations, confidentiality obligations and specially with the Company's Insider Trading Rules;
6. Should become always familiar with the firm or company business and the competitive or economic environment in which it operates and understand its strategies, the principle plans and the objectives; operation result and financial condition.
7. Conduct all things themselves in a courteous, respectful and yes in professional manner.
8. Always beware of and comply with rules and regulation that govern the conduct of the business in all jurisdictions where the firm or company operates.
9. Always commit the time which is required to prepare for, attend and actively participate in important meeting of the Board of Director as a senior management on which they serve.
10. Always Disclose potential conflicts of interest that they may have regarding any matters that may come before the Board, and abstain from discussion and voting on any matter in which the Director/Senior Manager has or may have a conflict of interest;
11. Always disclose their duties, as member of the Board of directors and any of Board committees on which they act as director of senior management in accordance with their good faith business judgement and in the best interest of the company.
12. Always inform the chairman of the Board of director about the changes in the company like changes in their employment, governmental entities, board position , charitable, relationship with business and other events, conditions or circumstances that may interfere their ability to run their duties or impact the Board assessment of whether they meet the requirements.
13. Always maintain the private information of all material non-public private information about the company and its affairs and business.
14. Make available to and share with fellow Directors and senior management personnel information as may be appropriate to ensure proper conduct and sound operation of the Company;
15. Should not enter into, without approval of the uninterested members of the Board of Director , Not enter into, without the prior approval of the disinterested members of the Board, relationship with the company in which they will have a personal interest or any other situation which otherwise involves a conflict of interest.
16. Should not used private information which is gained in the time of their services as directors of senior management for their personal advantage.
17. Should provide or give leadership, motivation in implementing or advancing the firm vision, principles and values.
18. Respect the private information related to the current affairs of the firms which is gained in the course of their own services as Directors, except when legally or authorized required to hide such type of information related to the company or firm.
19. Always use the Company assets and resources properly and safely. Company resources as well as assets of other firm that have been entrusted to the firm.
20. Never entertainment or enjoy or any other company business from people doing business with the company or firm.
All the senior management or Director of the company have annually on or before the month of 30th June of every year All Directors and Senior Management Personnel will annually on or before June 30 of every year or such other date as may be determined in this regard sign a confirmation that they have read and will comply with this Code.
All the suspected violations must be reported to the chairman of the Company of Firm. All the suspected violations has been investigated by the company as they have the capability. The Board of Director who violate this code may be subject to sanction, has to resign as Director.
Amendments and Waivers:-
The company or the firm was continuously updating its all regulations and policies. The Company is continuously reviewing and updating all its policies and procedures and therefore this Code is subject to modification. The board of directors of the firm or company have approved the waivers and amendment which is given by the company to the employees.
1. Equal opportunities provides by kingfishers airline:-
The company will provide equal opportunities who are recruited for their skills , aptitude, experience and ability. There is no discrimination among the employees on gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other unlawful reason is not permitted. who are working in the company. And have given equal opportunities in their employment.
You are responsible for upholding and implementing the Group's equal opportunity policy in the workplace and any other policy dealing with such matters. Details of the Company's Equal Opportunities policy can be found on the intranet.
2. Health and safety:-
The company has already mentioned in the laws and regulations relating to environment that it is our responsibility of every employee to help ensure that their working place environment is both healthy and safe for the benefit of our employees ,customers and other member who are working in the company
And if there is anyone who does not follow the laws, the company will take strict actions against them . This all is very important for company future and yes for employee because you know that Healthy environment, better company future.It requires you to be careful about your own health and safety, as well as the health and safety of all those who may be affected by your behaviour. You must follow all instructions and guidelines dealing with such matters and co-operate with those responsible for ensuring that all applicable health and safety requirements are followed. Kingfisher airlines hired a special senior manager especially for health and safety programs. We need to learn from minor incidents and 'near misses' in order that we can avoid similar, but possibly more serious accidents in the future. We therefore encourage any employee who is aware of a potentially dangerous situation to report it to their line manager or a senior officer of the company without delay.
3. Primary Education
The company also provide quality education to children for there and also provide nutrition which give the children to create their interest in study.
- Company runs the Awareness programmes.
- Company provide Infrastructure for existing schools
- Company provide Financing payroll of teachers or support staff appointed.
- Company also Providing meals.
3. Water Availability
Kingfisher airlines has also taken various steps for conservation of water resources and facilitate access to clean and portable drinking water. It includes :
- Rain water harvesting
- Providing portable drinking water to communities.
CERTAIN ACHIECVEMENTS ON THE BASIS OF ETHICAL ACTIVITIES:-
- Three global awards had given to Kingfisher Airlines awards at the SKYTRAX World Airline Awards.
- 'Best Airline in India' and 'Best Cabin Crew-Cental Asia..
Kingfisher RED named Best low cost Airline in india.
- Kingfisher Airlines has received NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award by NDTV twice in two year.
- Skytrax has rated Kingfisher airlines India's 5 Star airline and6th best airline in the world.
- Agfaqs has rated India's 'Second Buzziest Brand 2008'.The Reporter of this brand ranked amongst India's 'Top Service Brand of 2008.
- A survey is conducted by an company, it is found that the Kingfisher airline is the 'India's Favourite Brand'.
- A survey is conducted by TNS and has been found that Kingfisher airlines is best Asia Pacific's 'Top Airline Brand'.
- Kingfisher airlines has also received the 'Brand Leadership Award' in hospitality.
- Kingfisher airline has received the Economic Times Avaya Award 2006 foe Excellence in Customer Responsiveness.
- Kingfisher airline has received the 'India's No. 1 Airline in customer satisfaction'.
- Kingfisher airline has received the 'India's most respected companies'.
- Asurvey conducted by Planman Media in 2006 has rated 'India's 25 Innovation Companies'.
- A Survey conducted by IMB ,it is found that the kingfisher airlines 'The Best Airline' and 'India's Favourite Carrier'.
- Kingfisher airlines has received the 'Best New Domestic Airline for Excellent Services and Cuisine'.
- Skytrax has given to Kingfisher airlines the best 'Service Excellence 2005-2006 for a new airline.
- A Survey is conducted by Business magazine and has awarded the best 'India's Most Successful Brand Launch of 2005'.
- 'Buzziest Brands of 2005'.
- ranked amongst the Top Ten buzziest brands of 2005and 2006 across product categories, in the survey conducted by agencyfaqs and The Brand Reporter
- Rated amongst the 'Top Ten Internet Advertisers' by Yahoo.
- Rated amongst 'the top ten in the Best Television Commercial Jingles' by NDTV.
- 'Best New Airline of the year' Award for 2005 centre for Asia Pacific Aviation Award in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region.
Now I am discussing with you the unethical practices of Kingfisher airlines. And there are many cases against Kingfisher.
Ticket of Kingfisher Airlines
I have purchased a kingfisher airline ticket from Mumbai to Bhuvneshwar . And
this ticket was booked by one of their travel agents who is working for there company.
I was given the Kingfisher airlines ticket with facilities like meal etc. In the very coming day when I reached at Mumbai airport of Kingfisher terminal I was shocked that the flight is operated by Deccan & not by Kingfisher. The ticket for the same plane of Deccan is approx. 4100 and I am already pay the same plane of kingfisher airline is around 7000 approx. This whole thing is unethical business. When I reached Kingfisher airline terminal I was shocked to know that flight is of Deccan which is from other terminal & travel time is approx. 30 min
from one terminal to other.
Anyhow I managed to board the flight-
1) No Meal was served to me as it clearly mentioned on the
2) They had not told to us that the flight is operated by Deccan airlines and not by Kingfisher airlines .
3) I had paid more For Deccan airline.
4)I have sent the mail to Kingfisher and received the reply from
This whole is unethical business practice by Kingfisher airlines .
Refund of Voucher issued in place of cancellation of tickets.
My communication has been extremely clear that I would look forward for revalidating the voucher issued to me, but in spite of repeated mails I am not able to get a valid response and the customer friendly attitude- customer first thing does not seem to come across. I have also gone through the circular issued by the Civil Aviation authorities and drawn the attention of your staff members towards the same.
My request has been to re validate / re issue the voucher, so that I can avail of your services and should not be penalized for canceling a ticket. Am sure you would appreciate the fact that since the voucher is not transferable, I only have to travel- and I would travel only when it is required. Surely I would not avail of any leave and go to a destination just to avail the voucher. You may also want to consider the option of refunding the same.
The intention of encouraging me to use your services or an attempt to do so has not reflected so far. Going by the book and snapping the relation is the simplest thing that one can do. I know for sure that an organization of your stature and repute is brand conscious and customer friendly, quite surprisingly the responses received are contradictory.
This is totally unethical practices of kingfisher airlines.
Unclear Excess Baggage Rules by Staff at the Counter
The staff at the kingfisher counter is unaware of the contract for carriage rules and is misguiding the passengers .I was carrying an important demo to be shown to some buyers and this weighed more than 35Kgs. The person at the counter declined to accept the baggage and I had to cancel the ticket and meetings for next day. I travelled without this baggage and now the airline has asked me to produce copies of the past counterfoils to justify their position.The lot appears to be unqualified for their jobs and takes the passengers for granted at the cost of the passengers' expense I wish the Chairman of this airline Mr. Vijay Mallya notices this complaint and takes appropriate action to keep up the reputation of his airlines.
Refused to refund/issue another ticket.
I had booked a ticket from Delhi to Pune on 16/06/2009,ane the departure time of that airline was 8:50 pm. But when I reached Delhi airport, I was surprised that the departure time of flight displayed on the boards was 9:15 pm Then I go to customer support and had confirmed that the departure time of flight was 9:15.
When I came to airport I was surprised that flight was on time, when I asked the Kingfisher executives about this case their reply was "Sir, we are extremely sorry, look they have the obesity to say sir we are extremely sorry this happened due to a communication gap between the Crew members and the executives at the ticket reservation counter."
So, I asked for another Ticket in place of my ticket or to refund the amount, but they refused. They have just provided me re-booking charges of Rs. 750 when I issued another ticket (paying Rs. 3000 extra for it) from them on the spot.
I want the full refund of my ticket as I have to suffer due to some communication gap between their own staff.
Frequent Cancellation/Rescheduling of Flights
I am Pursuing Engineering in SASTRA University Tanjore Tamil Nadu. When I came for vacation and the college was to reopen on 24th june 2009. I had reserved the tickets from Delhi to Chennai in Kingfisher Airlines scheduled to depart from the airport is 12:15 PM. Before leaving from Airport I checked the Kingfisher airline site and found that the flight was on time. But when I came to airport I came to know that the flight has been cancelled after reaching the airport. When I returned home which is nearly 30 kms from my house. The Kingfisher airlines did not provide proper information and i have to cancell the onward railway ticket from to chennai to trichy and lost around Rs 750 as it was booked under tatkal. And also i have incured a sum of Rs 1000 towards conveyance from residence to airport and vice-versa. So I have rescheduled my travel for 25th for IT-232as I could get the railway reservation on 25th only by a train leaving at 3:30 PM. Today morning I was informed through my father's mobile that the flight has been delayed and will start at 8:50 Hours. This has created a confusion and contacted the airline and thy inform that no such rescheduling has been done. In the evening one more message came that the flight has been rescheduled for 1 PM which will again result in cancellation of the railway reservation as i would not be able to catch it as the probable time of the flight would be around 4 PM if at all no more rescheduling take place. So I am still not sure about my travel plan Already on account of the above I have lost 2 days attendance and also important classes and lab. Because of this I have to face university authorities for explanation. By the above act of Kingfisher Airlines i have lost around Rs 5000 & a lot of peace in my mind. For the last 2 days i was in great tension so i hereby request that proper punitive action against the airlines. A proper response from you would enhance the reputation of your organization.
Contaminated Water Served on-board
When I had travelled from Jamshedpur to Kolkata on the 30th of April, 2009. When I was served with a bottle of water on-board which was contaminated and had fungus in it . On the basis of mere faith that airlines provide non-spurious edibles and drinking water, I had consumed the water post which I started having nausea. I immediately escalated the matter to the cabin crew who after inspecting, agreed that the water had fungus and the only thing that she can do is lodge a formal complaint which I presume has been done. On disembarking in Kolkata, I vomited thrice and after that my health has deteriorated.
My health had got affected and I missed all the important appointments which was held in Kolkata on the 30th of April, 09. I have sent many emails to kingfisher airline office but the only one reply that I had got is "We have tell the issue immediately with our suppliers who are conducting a through investigation into the matter .We thank you for your feedback and hope you will favour us with your blessings".
This has been going on from the past one month now I think Kingfisher Airlines should take a r of the seriousness of this situation and compensate me accordingly.
Delay and non comfortable seats:-
When I had travelled through Kingfisher on 28.05.09 from delhi to hyderabad . In this day the flight was late ,something around 40 minutes and we are sitting in the plane for almost one hour as the flight got delayed after boarding the flight.On the same day when I came again, the flight was again late something around more than eighty minute. And there is no arrangement was made for snacks etc for the morning and evening flight at the airport.
There is no facility on the seats in the plane on the return journey which caused lot of problems to the passengers. I have never seen this kind of unavailability of in the plane.
You s such planes which are so inconvenient to travel. This all case shown that the Kingfisher had done very unethical practices.
KINGFISHER AIRLINES: ETHICAL AND UNETHICAL PRACTICES