The purpose of the assignment plan the agreed implementation of the new software project that including timescale for the management and develop appropriate marketing strategy for the implementation. Later part of the assignment will look for how can I ensure measurement to monitor and evaluate progress of newly developed software.
Schedule time scale plan for the new software project
Activity Task Time (weeks)
A Design 6
B Analysing 4
C Documentation 3
D Resource allocation 4
E Cording 2
F Testing 4
G Monitoring 6
H Evaluation 4
The following tasks should be finished before go to the next tasks
B after A
C after A, B
D after C
E after A, C
F after A, B, C
G after F
H after F, G
Assuming the development process stating Monday 7th September 09 and finish on 12th October 09. Its take nearly one month to finish all the above mention activities and some activities running in parallel each other. It's helping to reducing time scale on the project. Such as, resources allocation, cording and testing.
The attachment herewith including grant chart and network will show time scale for the whole project and each activity.accoring to that management should be able to allocate its resources and manpower. Further it will show critical path of the project at the movement. This will help management to take best solution among the alternatives. (See attachments)
Activity - System DesignActivity B - system analysis
Activity C - system documentation
Activity D- resource allocation for the system
Activity E- system cording
Activity F- system testing
Activity G- system monitoring
Activity H-system evaluation
2. Marketing strategy using for new operation
Developing a marketing strategy is vital for any business. This will lead to attract customers for the business. The focus of the strategy should be making sure that the products and services meet customer needs and that you develop long-term and profitable relationships with those customers. To achieve this, you will need to create a flexible strategy that can respond to changes in customer perceptions and demand. It may also help you identify whole new markets that you can successfully target. Sam software developer's plan to upgrade and repair its products free of charge within the first year of purchases/ upgrade or developed.
The purpose of this marketing strategy should be to identify and then communicate the benefits of our business offering to target market. Once you have created and implemented your strategy, monitor its effectiveness and make any adjustments required to maintain its success. This guide helps you identify which customers to focus on and your key objectives in reaching them. It explains what to include in your marketing strategy and how it can be used as the basis for effective action.
Sam Software developers business' strengths and weaknesses
Marketing strategy document with SWOT analysis, looking at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the business. Conducting some market research on our existing customers at this point, as it will help us to build a more honest picture of our reputation in the marketplace.
• personal and flexible customer service
• Free of repair and upgrade within the first year.
• Professional skills and qualified staff
• Lack of financial resources
• lack of space and the place situated
• very small market share and reputation
• increased demand from a specific market - retail business
• Creating web site and spreading company information.
• By Using new technologies through improve product quality
• Entrance of new competitor
• Many attractive and cheaper versions of your product or service available in the market.
• government rules and legislation increasing your costs
• a downturn in the economy, recession, economic backward
Company management already start work on its weakness and identifying what opportunities available for the company in future. Since reducing risk area by identifying threats and arrange contingency plan for it.
Consideration of existing customer base it the major part of our strategy. Last year it has been introduced almost 50 new customers by existing customers.
Focus on the market
Our marketing strategy should:
• Analyse the different needs of different groups of customers -since we are developing any kind of business software and systems lead to increase our customer base. Basically we are expert in developing any retail market product or services, accounting packages, payroll systems so on.
• focus on a market niche where we can be the best
• most of our efforts into the 20 per cent of customers who provide 80 per cent of profits Strategy feed back
• Approach a third party for feedback about our strategy - they may be able to spot any gaps or weaknesses that we can't be identified yet.
• Marketing plan that sets out the aims, actions, dates, costs, resources and effective selling programmes.
• Measure the effectiveness the strategy that have implemented.
• Strategic plan for developing our strategy
• What changes are taking place in our business environment? Are these opportunities or threats?
• What are our strengths and weaknesses?
• What do I want to achieve? Set clear, realistic objectives.
• What are customers looking for? What are their needs?
• Which customers are the most profitable?
• How will I target the right potential customers? Are there groups that I can target more effectively?
• What's the best way of communicating with them?
• Could I improve my customer service? This can be a low-cost way of gaining a competitive advantage over rivals, keeping customers, boosting sales and building a good reputation.
• Could changing my products or services increase sales and profitability? Most products need to be continuously updated to maintain competitiveness.
• Could extending my product list or service provision meet existing customers' needs more effectively? Remember that selling more to existing customers is generally more cost effective than continually trying to find new ones.
• How will I price my product or service? Although prices need to be competitive, most businesses find that trying to compete on price alone is a poor strategy. What else are my customers interested in? Quality? Reliability? Efficiency? Value for money?
• What is the best way of distributing and selling my products?
• How can I best promote my products? Options might include advertising, direct marketing, exhibiting at trade fairs, PR or marketing on the web.
• How can I tell if my marketing is effective? Check how your customers find out about your business. A small-scale trial can be a good way of testing a marketing strategy without committing to excessive costs.
3. Monitor and evaluate the progress of the outcome
Monitoring and evaluation is the most important part of an any project. It should work according to the plan that have implemented before start the project and should match with customer requirement and satisfaction. It will lead to identify outcome that it supposed to have. If it's not according to the customer expectation at this juncture need to adjust the plan and rearranging tasks and find the gaps between outcome and expectations.
The following methods expected to use as monitoring and evaluation of new operation of developing software project.
One of the most important methods is using focus groups. This is where representatives from different groups are brought together and asked to discuss the topic under the guidance of a moderator. The advantage of this is that it leads to an in-depth discussion of the topic with real people interacting with each other. It will generate a large amount of data that could be used to understand potential sources of conflict in the future. The greatest disadvantage of this is that it is very time consuming and expensive to conduct. In addition there is a chance that moderator may not be able to guide the group in the right direction due to his or her inability to control the group.
There are those stake holders who has great power to influence the out come to the project, how ever they very little interest in the program itself. The important aspect of these stakeholders is to prevent them from becoming too interested in the project. So it is important to have regular meeting with them well in advance and to keep them informed on regular basis. It is important to reassure them regularly of the fact that they will not gain or lose anything if the changes are implemented.
The advantage of this is that it could reach potentially a large group of individuals. However the main disadvantage is that it is not possible to go in to details on issues as the answers are limited by the type of questions on the questionnaire.
Once this group of stakeholders are assessed using above methods, the next step is to educating them about the change process. Any questions or concerns that were raised during the initial fact finding endeavours could be addressed during this time. There are various ways of informing relevant stake holders of the changes to come and the necessity of it. The organization could hold meetings with those affected. News letters and emails could be used to effectively and cheaply inform those affected by the change. It is important to inform them well in advance so that they could adapt to the changes gradually.
It is an action of bringing together groups for meetings, focusing each time on some particular subject, in which everyone present is requested to actively participate. Normally, participants already knew something in the related field under discussion. The idea behind the seminar system is to familiarize employees more extensively with the methodology of their chosen subject and also to allow them to interact with examples of the practical problems that always crop up during research work. It is essentially a place where assigned readings are discussed, questions can be raised and debates can be conducted.