The philosophy of Kobren records is to provide independent jazz bands with the opportunity to produce creative and profitable jazz albums. We will provide our customers (the jazz bands) the appropriate services to make this possible. We will investigate the most profitable markets and in turn make it possible for our customers to delete the gap in the Jazz marketplace.
The Jazz music industry has been steadily declining. It is believed that this is due to a lack of education in the school system regarding jazz music. The market for jazz music revolves mostly around the older black community. Therefore the size of the market has also dwindled. The new market for jazz music includes the younger age groups who have a deep appreciation for music as a whole.
Because of the fact that the industry is so small, competition is large. There are only a few labels who do a good job in marketing the jazz industry. Musicians are always looking for a good label to work with. My label will target the younger and older jazz community. I also feel it is important to target young school aged children in order to instill a new appreciation for jazz music. This will also insure the growth of the jazz music industry.
My objectives are as follows:
- To start a jazz music label which targets unknown up and coming jazz bands.
- To produce CD's which will be available to the mass market.
- To make a profit for my company as well as the bands themselves.
My product is essentially a new jazz band on a new record label. The image of the band is an important aspect of the band. The image will appeal to not only the life long jazz fans, but also to the new and upcoming jazz community.
- I believe that a good record label handles every aspect of the business. If the CEO of the label is not available and helpful during the entire process, the final product will not be profitable. Having said that, the band must also be willing to take constructive criticism and new ideas which will in turn produce a good CD. Employees must be available at a moments notice and must be trustworthy. If they are not willing to do the work that is required to make a profitable CD, new employees must be found.*
Kobren records is the all inclusive company. We will manufacture, and provide the CD to the mass market.
Therefore, the supply chain stays within the company. Our inventory includes recording supplies as well as the instruments needed to produce the CD. It is stored in our warehouse which is located on our own property.
Our staff consists of the following people.
- Office administration
- Legal and business affairs
- Press, radio, and business promotions
- AS WITH ANY NEW COMPANY, FINANCIAL FIGURES ARE MERELY SPECULATIVE. I HAVE BASED MY FIGURES ON WHAT I FELL TO BE A GOOD PRICE FOR A CD. I HAVE ALSO TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WHAT A NEW BAND CAN AFFORD TO PAY AT THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CAREER. AS THE MARKET GROWS OR SLOWS IN THE JAZZ INDUSTRY, PRICES MAY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY.*
ANDREW YOU WILL NEED TO GO THROUGH THE "ADVICE ON CONTENT OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN" ITEM BY ITEM AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU FINISH THE REST OF THE WORK THAT WE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO DO. ESPECIALLY DO THE BIBLIOGRAPHY AND REFERENCE LIST. I USED A WEB SITE CALLED JAZZ HISTORY. DAD USED THE CASE STUDY SHEET.
WHATEVER YOU DO MAKE SURE THAT YOU SITE REFERENCES AND DONT PLAGERIZE OR LET THE PROFESSOR THINK THAT YOU DID NOT USE SOME RESOURCES.
WHEN I DID THE OPERATIONL PLAN AND FINANCIAL PLAN I PUT IN 4 REFLECTIVE STATEMENTS THIS IS SOMETHING THE PROFESSOR REQUIRES DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT YOU CAN CHANGE THEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE 4 RELFECTIVE STATEMENTS IN.