Introduction of Max C
Max C is a London brand linked with its development of original prints and novel cuts in both accessories and clothing. With a cosmopolitan design team, the brand creates exclusive collections from the heart of a diverse city. Moving from strength to strength, Max C is a brand producing fresh remarkable shapes each season that blend the exceptional with global charm.
It's mainly deals with ladies garments, bags, belts etc. Max C supplies the wholesale for all the things, to manage the data of the entire wholesaler they decided to make database, and also they heard it about many database system like RDBMS, ORDBMS and OODBMS.
They want to know about all the DBMS and which database system is better we prefer them. So keeping in mind that we are providing a good database system.
Definition of Database Management System (DBMS)
- Enables users to define, create, maintain, and control access to the database.
- Collection of programs that manages database structure and controls access to data
- Possible to share data among multiple applications or users
- Makes data management more efficient and effective
- Performs functions that guarantee integrity and consistency of data
- Data dictionary management
- defines data elements and their relationships
- Data storage management
- Stores data and related data entry forms, report definitions, etc.
- Data transformation and presentation
- translates logical requests into commands to physically locate and retrieve the requested data
- Security management
- enforces user security and data privacy within database
- Multi-user access control
- creates structures that allow multiple users to access the data
- Backup and recovery management
- provides backup and data recovery procedures
- Data integrity management
- promotes and enforces integrity rules to eliminate data integrity problems
- Database access languages and application programming interfaces
- provides data access through a query language
- Database communication interfaces
- allows database to accept end-user requests within a computer network environment
Types of DBMS
- Relational- RDBMS
- Object Relational- ORDBMS
- Object Oriented - OODBMS
We have five types of DBMS but we are mainly discussing here about three DBMS.
RDBMS: RDMBS MODEL
CHARACTERISTICS OF RDBMS
- Eliminates parent chain relationship and represents data in database. The data is organized into rows and columns, forming tables.
- Rows of the database tables are called tuple and columns are called attributes.
- The data can be easily manipulated and transformed.
Example of rdbms:
MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, SyBase,
CHARACTERISTICS OF ORDBMS:
ADVANTAGES OF RDBMS
- Structural independence
- Improved conceptual simplicity
- Easier database design, implementation, management, and use
- Ad hoc query capability
- Powerful database management system
- Substantial hardware and system software overhead
- Can facilitate poor design and implementation
- May promote "islands of information" problems
- 1st semester DS lecturer slides chapter 2- source By Reena Mam