I take this opportunity to present my votes of thanks to all those guidepost who really acted as lightening pillars to enlighten our way throughout this project that has led to successful and satisfactory completion of this study.
We are really grateful to our HOD for providing us with an opportunity to undertake this project in this university and providing us with all the facilities. We are highly thankful to Mr. HARMINDER SINGH for her active support, valuable time and advice, whole-hearted guidance, sincere cooperation and pains-taking involvement during the study and in completing the assignment of preparing the said project within the time stipulated.
Lastly, We are thankful to all those, particularly the various friends , who have been instrumental in creating proper, healthy and conductive environment and including new and fresh innovative ideas for us during the project, their help, it would have been extremely difficult for us to prepare the project in a time bound framework.
In my topic I will discuss about many different motivational styles and why it is important for a company to motivate their employees. There are two types of motivation that is negative and positive we will about both of them
Now about the sector given to me is bpo/kpo(business process outsource / knowledge process outsource) and there motivational style used in these company and what are the problem they are facing. I am also going to tell about research on sum companies in this sector that how much employees are happy from that company's system
What is BPO?
It is the process to hiring another company for there business activities
It is different from information technology for hiring a thrd party company or service which is provided to do different activities like application development service provide to do IT related work to improve quality assurance to customer in the early days bpo usually only known as outsourcing process such as payroll. Now a days it is very wide term what ever business work is done by hiring third party is known as bpo
What is kpo?
It is knowledge process outsource when one party hire another party's knowledge to go his work like improvement in technology or in software or lunching any product like dell product are being sale by hp in his show room And other type of kpo is there are sum companies who are hired by many company to analyse their company and tell about critical points and where the company stand and give the solution about those problem to grow. Actually we can say that it is the second lavel first is bpo who collect the data and second is kpo who analyse that data and convert it in knowledge
What is motivation?
Motivation is a process to influence his moral so he can work more effetely and efficiently and to make the goal of employees equal to the goal of company so the motive of employees and company complete.
There are many theory of motivation they are
The one of the most important theory of motivation is MASLOW'S HIERARCHY OF NEED THEORY
THERE ARE 5 NEEDS WHISH INDICATES BHEAVIOUR OF ANY INDIVIDUAL PERSON AND HOW HIS MORAL IS EFFECTED SO HE CAN PUT HIS 100% WHILE DOWING THE WORK BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT IS IF HE DOESNOT SATISFIED HIS FIRSAT NEED HE CANT MOVE TO NEXT LAVEL
THEY ARE AS FALLOW
- PHYSIOLOGICAL NEED-:this need is also known as basic need because it includes the basic requirement that is "Food, Shelter and cloth because these need are not satisfied he or she cant survive
- SECURITY AND SAFTEY NEED-: when he got satisfied from that need then that need will not satisfied him not any more.In this need if feels that his job is secure he will not be thrown any time and he will work more efficiently because he is fearless from loosing the job and then his second need is also satisfied and then he can move to 3need
- ACCEPTANCE NEED-:WE know that we are social animal and we can't survive individual and we need support of other and they need the freedom to tock with other so he feel that he is also from the same family and does not fill individual or isolated from other and remain happy so environment of the company remain +ve
- ESTEEM NEED-:in means that an employ get respect and never get insulted or get power sum position in company that respect that authority and that power he got increase his respect what a person always needed.In
- NEED OF SELF ACTUALIZATION-: In this need when a person get every thing but he is not able to do that thing what he always wont to do in this need he do all that thing or he will leave for him self and be tension free there are very few people who are able to reach this need
THE SECOND THEORY OF MOTIVATION IS ERG THEORY
THERD THEORY IS HERBERG'S THEORY
FOURTH IS EXPECTANCY THEORY
THESE ALL THEORY IS EVELUATED THROUGH MASLOW'S THEORY
Now we be discousing about bpo we already discous about what is bpo and what it do now we will be studding the organization structure planning controlling BPO initiative, It comes from the developed by alsbride which reflect a shared understanding good practice in outsourcing . developing a business case, by benchmarking
Organizational design is some time used to mean simply the design of an organization chart however ,there is a broader definition which covers the model , the organization structure the roles according to job distribution
This model has three main area
- the service management organization is uses bpo operation itself , undertaking the various transaction process different activates. Some provide services to the customer, which is bpo is abut
- The retained organization is the term used to tell us about what is left behind when the services are transferred to all the new service provided. There are two things to the design of the reained function. Just there is a need to design an organization that is effective in service delivered by the bpo provider. This will require an organization where there must be a clearity for input and output to and the provider. Second there is a input and output to and from the provider
- the governance layer term refer to all the activities which are necessary to manage a customer relationship, including the management services. We have to solve all the issue which can come
The reason for making the distinction between the three companies is that each has a different job to perform we can also say ensuring the effectiveness of bpo with different require in term of skill and competences career and reward structures, culture and performance management.
Where does the organization design fit?
Doting is about the developind an organization that is fit for purpose .However it can't beseen in isolation, but as one elements of complex mixed of all the activities that fit together to develop over all changes for bpo
TO support the operational model organization model is created. The design is all most based on organization design which creates sub group
The structure of the retained organization is usually based on traditional functional designs. The sidebar, "The Retained Organization," at the end of this article contains more guidance on that.
Job Descriptions, Grading and Role Profiles
This includes the skill, experience, and competencies required to support the new organization. Must organizations have there own data or information it's means that additional skill and competencies
Organizational design isn't a one-off exercise. It should be developed and updated things to be doen throughout the bpo style or cycle of work. The work on the odting will differ, its all depand on lifecycle and how they work
This section describes the Alsbridge FastSource Lifecycle in summary terms and maps the various "types" of OD work onto it,
The Evaluate Phase
The journey to bpo usually starts with a series of evaluations of the options
The research stageis the stage where company first have to study many other company and for few years and collect the data and study many critical point and what are the problem they are facing one more question is rising in this days that why bpo employees quit their job and why the employees turnover ratio is very high?
The answer is they are working for 24 7 because of working so much on computer and documents its effect on their health they got sum kind of desirous and get under strain tension and un comfort . The second reason the salary of bpo employees is very less and thy are starters because of such load they can get in desperation. That's why they are leaving their jobs and even there is no initiative from the company for their health AND
- No growth opportunity
- For higher Salary
- For Higher education
- Misguidance by the company
- Policies and procedures are not conducive
- No personal life
- Physical strains
- Uneasy relationship with peers or managers
THESE ALL ARE THE FEATERS WHICH DEMOTIVATE
Here the business decision is to agree whether or not there's a prima facie case for shared services and to approve the expenditure on developing a shared services strategy. This is a strategic stage - "Do we have a strategic need for shared services?" - and therefore the analysis will be at a high level, with the primary focus on understanding the business need, the high-level options, the likely shape of the operation (its scope and how it will work), the potential sourcing options, the likely risks, implementation options and timescales.
In terms of organization design work, the feasibility study needs to address:
- The concept of splitting the transaction processing activity from the retained function, with a service management "wrapper."
- A general description of the service organization, with potential options.
- A high level description of the role of the retained function, the general competencies needed, and a description of how the retained function will buy services from the shared service center or service provider.
- A general description of the service governance principles and approach.
Their strategy is to develop all the researches and study them and to make simple structure so every one can easily understand as shown below
- A clear organization model.
- Whether the organization structure should be oriented by process, customer or function.
- High level role outlines for devolved function and the retained function.
- Outline sizing of the organization headcount.
- Business as usual principles to be agreed for transition.
- Ratios and best practice guidelines used to size the organization.
- Basic volumetrics captured to verify sizing by ratios.
- Blueprint of key measures and SLA/OLA outlines.
- Outline description of governance and escalation processes.
- Formal estimates of likely redundancies.
- Proposals for a formal consultation process.
- Consideration of the TUPE implications (in based in Europe).
The Implement Phase
The implementation activity in the lifecycle usually takes one of two routes. Either "build and operate in-house" or "outsource." Although both routes deliver shared services, the activities of each route are different. In the in-house model, the organization needs to design its own processes, build the shared services operation and then transition and operate the service. With outsourcing, most of the build and design work is done by the service provider, and the organization's main responsibility is to design and operate the retained function and to ensure successful transition of the services to the new service provider.
Detailed Design for Internal Shared Services
To take initiative and afford new technology from other countries and which can benefit you in future and visit many octions and trade fair so so get to know what is new in market
Work in this stage will include:
- Full role descriptions, including governance team.
- Final organization sizing.
- Completion of job evaluation exercise.
- Confirmation of pay and grading structures.
- Full definition of the key interfaces with the retained function/customers and third parties.
- Re-confirmation of headcount numbers by means of detailed volumetrics for both historic and forecast activities.
- Identification of key external recruitment needs.
- Finalization of business as usual teams.
- Detailed KPIs, SLAs and operating level agreements (OLAs).
- Definition of key interfaces and reporting and escalation routes.
- Confirmation of the TUPE situation (in Europe-based operations).
- Plan for individual consultation and briefings.
- Completion of formal consultation.
Build activity internal shared services
Work in this stage will include:
- Populating the new organization.
- Setting up governance structures and processes.
Transition Activity for Internal Shared Services
Work in this stage will include:
- Launch of service management and governance activities.
- Fine-tuning job and role descriptions in the light of day-to-day operational experience.
Detailed Design for Outsourced Shared Services
Where BPO is the chosen option, the design and build activity is shared between the person who provide service and the customer. The service provider will design the shared services operation (often they will have an existing facility from which the service will describe The client will design the retained function and will be responsible for ensuring that the services are effectively transitioned to the service provider.
The Evolve Phase
This is the stage where all the process is evaluated and think that all the research is done is right and the plane which is made is to correct and is comfortable all the surceases selected is easily can be arranged or not
What kind of motivation is used by bpo industry (is research on 24 7 customer and smarts customer in noida)
The motivation is use are
- Provide them insanities
- Provide them bonuses
- Madical, health, accident insurance policy
- Refreshment in midway
- Improving there communication skills
- Good environment and infrastructure
- Free time or break and no restriction on talking with each other
- chance to loos there job
- reduction in salaries
- over time
- loosing of his position
- insule between fellow members
Many other type motivation is used in this company
This we can relate to our motivation theory
Basic need -provide them salaries and mid way refreshment
Bonus training and others comes in security and safety need comes under ACCEPTANCE NEED
Promotion comes under ESTEEM NEED
This need cant be satisfied ever- NEED OF SELF ACTUALIZATION but still many seminars are being arranged for it
SUM CUMPONIES IN THIS FIELD AND THERE REPORT OF EMPLOYES
http://www.training-classes.com/learn/_k/b/p/o/bpo_industry/ shows many bpo company surch on motivation and employees feedback
NOW ABOUT KPO
We had already discus about kpo that is knowledge process outsource
It is quit similar to bpo because kpo is just one level hire from bpo . bpo collect data that is information and kpo converts this information in to knowledge
The organization structure and planning process is also same for it
HOW DOES KPO WORK?
Market rx of kpo company found in u.s by an indian, set up operation in Indian
Few year ago. The company develops analytical tools for desigions of sales forces, as sending the medical
Market for rx is 90 employees is 10mili annually
Scope and importance
According to evalueserve in 2003 the global kpo business market was estimate to grow rate 46% and $1.2 to $17billion in 2010
- Consulting Research
- Content Development
- Data Analytics
- Education and Training
- Engineering and R&D
- Equity Research
- Finance and Accounting
- Legal Services
- Market Research
- Medical Services
- Pharmaceutical R&D
- Software Product Development
- Taxation Support
All major integrated design manufacturers like Motorola, Intel, Analog devices have set up off-shore centers. The compensation for chip designers in the U.S. is $7000 per month compared to $1200 per month in India. Obviously the cost saving are luring the companies. The extent of off-shoring depends on the degree of e-enablement possible and level of human labour quality required. The Indian KPO sector is expected to employ more then 2,50,000 professionals by 2010. Apart from India, Russia, China, the Czech Republic, Ireland and Israel are also expected to emerge as the competitive destinations for the KPO industry. Geographical advantage will help China in getting more business from Japan and Korea. It will also have the advantage in terms of language and cultural similarities. Close proximity to Europe shall help Russia and it being the destination for number of medical professionals and engineers shall add to the competitiveness
BPO vs. KPO
The HRM tools recruitment retention and motivation methods will differ. Age profile of the organization in KPO will be different from BPO. The organizational environment of KPO will differ as unlike the BPO worker, the knowledge worker would aspire for leadership, independence, professional challenges and ownership. The concerns of automated control in BPO might not be shared by KPO as KPO organization would be concerned with motivating the professional workers. Organization would have to appreciate the competencies and find ways to retain such knowledge pools.
KPO industry will be more complex to define than BPO industry. The existing BPO companies will have an advantage to move up the value chain and diversify in specific domain for KPO. The companies which already operate in specific industry domain or market domestically may grow and provide their services globally. Or a specialized professional can be hired by the global companies to attain the benefit of global cultural intelligence. Therefore, it would be difficult to define KPO industry as compared to BPO industry
ORGIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF KPO
MOTIVATIONAL STRUCTURE OF KPO
- Hygiene Factors and Motivators in KPOs
- Type of company
- Dissatisfiers Satisfiers Motivators Expectation of employees
- KPO 1 Indiscriminate
- Appraisal process
- Organizational politics
- Organisational communication
- Workplace ambience
- Salary package
- Employee stock option plan
- Work life balance programmes
- among coworkers
- Brand of the
- to plan work
- More employee
- Better mentoring
- Better reward
- More attention to junior employees
- KPO2 Long working hours Monotony
- Frequent changes in role description
- Pressure on constant
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Unavailable supplies
- Non-functioning equipment
- Workforce diversity
- Equal opportunity
- Open door policy
- Strong Culture Ethics On the job
- Appraisal biannual
- instead of annual
- Project Manager
- and mentor should
- be the same person
- Frequent team
- HR to play a
- dominant role
- KPO 3 Volume of work Company Policy
- Job security
- Work culture
- GrievanceRedressal System
- focused prgms.
- Personal development
- Opportunities for competency
- Ethics counselor
- Professional advancement
- KPO 4 Less opportunities for learning
- Repetitive nature of work
- Good salary and perks
- Mediclaim, gratuity
- retirement and other
- employee benefits
- Informal work culture
- High satisfaction
- Work-life balance
- development policy
THESE ALL ARE RELATED TO HERZBERG'S THEORY
This theory is related to Maslow's need hierarchy .In HERZBERG'S theory have two parts that is motivators and other is dissatisfies .Motivators are those person who are on esteem need or above and dissatisfies are those who are below esteem need at hair we can see that only the needs which can enrage employees under the esteem need are use and work effectively
DEVELOPMENT TRAINING -CAREER
Counselling is done to increase there confidence and give a professional touch to there work
CROSS CULTURAL ISSUES
Because of this training they are able to save the time and there confidence lave is so rice so they remain happy from there work this lead change in there behaviour in +ve manner which is good for any company and only few of those knowledgeable person is able to move to second lave that is motivators
- Source: Compiled by ICFAI Research Center
- Bassi Lauri, 2001 "Human Capital Advantage: Developing metrics for the knowledge era"
- Cobb, S. 1976. Social support as a moderate of life stress. Psychosomatic Medicine, 5: 300-317.
- Cohen, S. & Syme, S. L. 1985. Social support and health. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Connell, Julia. 2001. Influence of Firm size on organisational culture and employee morale. Journal of Management Research. (1) 4:220-232.
- Cooper, C. L. & Kelly, M. 1984. Stress among crane operators. Journal of Occupational Medicine, 26/8: 575-578.
- Cooper, C. L. & Marshall, J. 1978. Understanding executive stress. London: Macmillan Press Ltd.
- Cordes, C. L. & Dougherty, T. W. 1993. A review and an integration of research on job burnout. Academy of Management Review, 18/4: 621-656.
- Dijkhuizen, N. van. 1980. From Stressors to Strains. Lisse: Swets and Zeitlinger.
- Daniel Franklin, Editorial Director of the Economist IntelligenceUnit.